Monday, February 4, 2008

Poor Man's Chicken Arabiata

1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 package Ramen Noodles, chicken flavor.
1 can chicken broth
1 clove garlic.
Marinara sauce, or Salsa.

Feel free to marinate your chicken prior to starting this recipe. Grill the chicken. Cook Ramen Noodles according to package directions, substituting chicken broth for water, and adding minced garlic to the broth prior to bringing it to a boil.

When chicken and noodles are done, put noodles on a plate and cover with your favorite marinara or salsa sauce, then top with grilled chicken.

This recipe was one of my favorites at an Italian place I worked at in Columbus Ohio. I adapted the very simple recipe to ingredients I had on hand at the time for my home use. The restaurant version uses Angel Hair Pasta and a spicy Marinara sause. I substituted the Spicy Marinara for salsa, and the Angel Hair Pasta for Ramen Noodles.