Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tortilla-Bell Pepper Scramble.

Ok, so this is one of the rare ones that isn't actually mine, but it's delicious. I got it from a book that I highly recommend called "365 Easy Vegetarian Recipes - Meatless Meals So Simple, They Almost Make Themselves". I've doubled everything, except for the amount of tortillas. When I made the original recipe, I found that the portions weren't enough for me, but that there were too many tortillas, so I doubled the recipe and cut the tortillas in half. Here is the recipe with my measurements.

You'll need:

6 beaten eggs
1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley (I use 4 tbsp. of dried parsley, and it tastes just fine)
2 teaspoons canola oil
3 corn tortillas, halved, cut into 1/2 inch strips

Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add tortillas and cook until crispy. Meanwhile combine eggs, bell pepper, parsley, a pinch of salt and pepper in a medium bowl. When tortillas are crispy, remove from skillet and set aside. Add egg mixture to skillet and scramble until eggs are set. Put eggs on plate and garnish with tortilla strips.

I like this one served with chocolate chip pancakes.

No comments: